Boasting a cast of characters, past and present, Super Smash Bros for the WiiU is Nintendo’s fourth foray into the 2-D fighter scene. Peripherals will be provided, but players are also welcome to bring their own from home.
Kumoricon’s sponsored tournament will feature the following ruleset:
• 1-on-1 double elimination
• 2 stock
• 6 minute time limit
• Items set to Off
• Pause set to Off
• All standard characters allowed – No custom characters or Mii Fighters
• Best 2 out of 3 games
Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield, Town and City, Lylat Cruise
Counter Pick Stages
Kongo Jungle, Delfino Plaza, Castle Siege, Duck Hunt, Battleship Halberd
• Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
• Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages then loser choosing.
• You may not choose a stage you have already won on.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• The winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
• In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
• If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage.